Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Day at the Gym

All this vacation fun is wearing me out! We spent most of the day today playing in the gym at our church. We had Activity Days from 10am-Noon, which included all of the Primary kids, but only my kids were there besides the 8-11 year old girls. We have a lot of families in our Branch who are dealing with illnesses right now. I wasn't supposed to be in charge of the activity today, but I ended up being the only member of the Primary Presidency there, so I was in charge. The older girls made an obstacle course (if you can call it that...it was more like a spooky tunnel) for the younger kids and they helped make no bake cookies for everyone to enjoy. They also played basketball and other games in the gym with the younger kids. The activity ended at Noon, but we didn't leave there until almost 4pm. I watched one of the Activity Day girls while her Dad went to an appointment and a couple of our Primary boys showed up around 2pm to play basketball with their Dad, so we had fun playing with them. I always plan on spending the day at the church gym when we go because the kids have so much fun and it is great exercise for them. Now I am exhausted and ready to crash!

No comments: