Monday, February 14, 2011

Unplugged

We are taking the week off from tv shows, movies, wii games, and computer games. The tv has not been on once today and it feels good. When the kids know that the tv, computer, and wii are not an option, they don't bother to ask about it and they find other things to do (Noah was the only one who insisted that I turn on the wii this morning). They make puzzles, they play with their toys, they read books, and they interact with each other. It is quiet...er and that is good for me. It is more work for me at times with their entertainment gone, but that is okay. Work makes us feel good.

Speaking of work, you can click here to see Matt, Zoe, and Emily harvesting ice at Fields Pond.

Eleanor worked hard at school last week to get ready for her Chinese New Year skit. She was a narrator and she did a great job!



Zach is working on getting over his ear infection. He missed all the Valentine fun at school today to visit the doctor and get on an antibiotic. He didn't seem to mind that fact as much as I did. I dropped off his Valentine cards before school and I picked up the Valentine cards he received after school, along with some yummy treats that his class had at snack time. That made me feel better and Zach enjoyed looking at all his cards this afternoon. :-)

Here are the kids today working at making yummy sugar cookies. YUM! Matt gave me the day off today from our diet game. What a great husband!



Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

I love being unplugged. It's so contrary to what you think will happen. It's great. Homeschooling is the same way.