Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year!

I rang in the new year watching "Twilight". I enjoyed it this time because I had lower expectations and just tried to enjoy the story of the movie instead of expecting it to follow the book. Earlier in the evening, Matt and I went to see "The Blind Side" at the Alamo theater. Now that is a great movie! If you haven't seen it yet, go see it!

It is 2010, so Use it or Lose it is in full swing. Yesterday, I got rid of a few Christmas things that didn't get used this Christmas season. I am happy that Matt is taking this New Year's resolution as serious as I am. When he went through his clothes, he got rid of a ton of ties that I have been trying to convince him to get rid of for years now. He would never wear the ties, but he couldn't seem to part with them. His tie rack looks great now with only the ties that he wears. :-)

Eleanor lost a tooth last night! She put her new tooth fairy pillow to use last night.

Eleanor was so happy to finally lose this tooth!

Her permanent tooth was already growing in behind the baby tooth.

We have finally named our fish. Maher-shalal-hash-baz a.k.a. Marshall Hashbrown. I wanted to name the fish Red, but Zoe said that was a boring name. I pointed out that we have a boring fish, the name fits perfectly. Our fish has barely moved, he never eats, and he is losing his fins. Matt suspects he is sick with fin rot. When the Wilson kids were here, they kept asking why we have a fish bowl with no fish in it. The fish hides in a corner where we can't really see him. So, Matt and I were surprised last night when the fish was moving around a bit and he picked at the flake of food that I gave him. I watched from a distance as he was swimming around this morning, but when we are close to him, he goes back to his corner. We hope that he will fully recover from his fin rot. It is much more fun to watch a healthy, active fish.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Eleanor has the biggest smile ever! It is so exciting when those loose teeth FINALLY come out!

I hope the fish recovers... it would be more fun (for him and for you :) )

Mike and Mal said...

That settles it, every pet I get from here on out is getting an awesome name. Thank you for your inspiration.

HeatherT said...

I'll have to tell Chris that you used that name. He always said we would name our son that, but I talked him out of it.