Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We're getting hit with everything this winter

Emily missed school last Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday due to a bad sore throat. Eleanor missed school on Friday because of her appointments. Eleanor missed school on Monday because of her sore throat. She needed one more day of rest and then would be back to school on Tuesday. When I woke up yesterday, I decided to do a lice check on myself in the shower (you run a comb through your hair after you put conditioner in it) because my head was itchy and I had bumps on the back of my neck. Sure enough, I had lice. I suspected that Eleanor had brought it home and found nits in her hair after I woke her up for the day, so she spent one more day at home. I spent the day washing bedding that I had just washed the day before...so annoying! Matt brought home the supplies for the Cetaphil lice treatment and he spent the evening treating all of us girls. I was willing to cut my long hair, but Matt was willing to deal with the long hair, so we didn't cut it. Poor Kate cried while Matt applied the Cetaphil to her hair, but she was content to sit on my lap while I dried her hair. Zoe and Emily were annoyed that they had to go through the treatment when they didn't have lice, but we weren't taking any chances.

I checked my hair this morning and didn't find any lice. After a full week, all of the girls are back to school today.

One positive thing from this is that I got a new hair dryer. :-)

6 comments:

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

Wooo HOOO! I call that sore throat a blessing if ever there was one!!

Sorry about the lice though, that's really stinky!

MJ said...

good grief! it's been just one thing after another for you guys!

Ave said...

Thankfully, we have avoided the lice thus far, but I have a special comb in the bathroom that looks like a cat flea comb just in case. I keep Lulu's hair short just in case, lice seem to linger longer in long hair.
Hope you guys have a more healthy February, just think of all of that immunity to disease that you are building up!

Mike and Mal said...

lice... ugh. When we got lice--twice--the only people who didn't have it were Levi and Dad. Dad should be obvious. For Levi, well, it was probably all the gel/hairspray/lack of baths.

Kris said...

I don't get why the sore throat is a blessing?

Hopefully everyone will be well for a while now!

Martie said...

Lice..... oh, poor, poor you. Ugh. I'm sorry!