Thursday, January 07, 2010

This is how you use the remote

The kids watched "Labou" this evening. They love getting ready for bed and then watching a movie before going to bed. It usually happens when Matt is out for the evening, like tonight. He is at his High Council meeting. I skipped through the previews using the skip button on the remote. When I was done using the remote and the movie was playing, Zach came into the kitchen to teach me a quicker way to get to the movie instead of skipping through all the previews...the menu button. He brought the remote over to me and showed me where the menu button is on the remote. He stressed the fact that the menu button would get me to the movie quicker than skipping through all the previews. Duh, mom! I thanked him for his wisdom and he went to watch the movie. I do know about the menu button, however, some DVD's won't let you use the menu button and skip right to the movie, which is annoying! I didn't bother to try the menu button with this DVD, I just skipped through the previews...which lead to the lesson on the menu button.

4 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

Aren't kids great? So ahead of us in technology:)

HeatherT said...

My kids are watching TV before bed right now because Chris is at Bishopric Training. I'm all for getting ready for bed early and chilling for 45 minutes before bed when dad is gone too.

mindyluwho said...

My kids know so much more than me. When we got our Wii, my husband and I looked apprehensively at all the remotes that came with it. Then we shrugged our shoulders and figured we wouldn't have to figure any of it out! Beats putting a bike together at midnight on Christmas Eve!

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

THAT'S funny!