Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Use it or Lose it

I have been hanging on to these laminated pictures that Zoe and Emily have made. They have been sitting between a bookcase and the radio stand waiting to be used in our new house after I get them framed. I decided that I needed to use them now or get rid of them. So, I put them up in the kids' room yesterday. I took pictures of them to use for this post and Emily asked me if I was getting rid of them...because that is what I do before I simplify artwork, I take a picture of it. The pictures I took aren't great, but it's what I have to show you, so here they are.

Emily's tree, which looks like a jungle to Kate.
Zoe's tree.

Emily's flower vase.


Zoe's flower vase.
I'm hoping that the younger kids will make the same artwork, so I can add their pieces to the gallery. After taking pictures of the artwork in the bedroom, I decided to add to the theme of this post the other 2 things that the older girls have made at school that we still have and I hope the younger kids will add to these collections. So, I went into the living room and took a picture of the chalkboard ornaments that Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor made in Kindergarten. When I took a picture of these ornaments, Matt asked me if I was getting rid of them. Too funny. Of course not!

Yes, I realize my picture of our kids is very outdated!

Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor made these hand print ornaments in 1st grade. We received Eleanor's for Christmas. I am holding up Eleanor's purple ornament, which I still need to hang up on the wall, Emily made the pink one, and Zoe made the red and green one.


I hope the tradition of making these ornaments lasts until Noah makes his!

2 comments:

Mal said...

You could insure it by just having them do it for a family home evening.

HeatherT said...

They're onto you! Your kids will start hiding stuff from you so you can't take a picture of it.