Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy Birthday Vivien!


Every year I make the goal to get birthday cards out on time and then Vivien's birthday sneaks up on me and I fail at the beginning of the year! Sorry Vivien! We're thinking of you and your card will be in your hands soon. :-)

Another one of my many goals this year is to spend more time outside with the kids. So, Zach, Kate, Noah, and I went out this morning to enjoy all the snow we have. It was still snowing lightly when we went out. I think this was Noah's first time playing in the snow!

Zach tried to follow me down the hill to get the sled, but it was hard to move in the deep snow. Here he is sitting down to take a break.
Kate loves to be pulled around in the sled instead of having to walk through the snow. I would too if the snow went past my knees!

Noah liked the sled until it started to move. I got him out, so Zach and Kate could do some sledding.
Zach helped me build a snowman. He worked very hard at it!
Noah and Kate watched from the sidelines. Noah is sitting in the sled and Kate is sitting in a beach chair.


Kate was crying to go inside at this point. Noah was cold and ready to go in, too. Zach and I would have liked to work on our snowman more, but it was time to go inside.

2 comments:

Kris said...

That is a great snowman. I love Zach on his stomach working away. How lucky to have all that snow!! It is beautiful. Noah looks cute all bundled up... I think kids in snow gear are always cute, all waddly and puffy ;)

And yes, Happy Birthday to Vivien - your birthday sneaks up on me too, Vivi!

Janae said...

I'm sad I was not on the computer before bedtime so vivi could see this fun post! Her b-day does come faster than fast:) I often have the same goal with the cards...it is tricky though! I will have to show her the post tomorrow, she will be thrilled!
Love all the cute snow pictures! I agree with Kris, I love the kids all waddly and puffy, it really is the cutest thing:)