Sunday, January 10, 2010

Portland

My mom and I went to Portland Friday afternoon after Eleanor's appointments. Victoria was flying into Portland at 11:30pm, so we went to pick her up. We stayed overnight in a hotel, so we wouldn't be driving 2 1/2 hours home in the middle of the night. We ate dinner at Norm's, which was super yummy and then we checked into our hotel. We played a few games of Phase 10 and we watched several shows and a movie before going to pick Victoria up at the airport. We left the hotel a little later than we had planned so we could watch the end of our movie. It was a very good movie, but I still don't know what the title of the movie was. It was on the Hallmark channel and it was an older movie. Anyway, we arrived at the airport some time after 11pm only to discover that Victoria wasn't getting in until 1:20am. I was so glad that we had stayed at the hotel long enough to watch the end of the movie because I would have been really mad if I had missed the end of this great movie for nothing! I was also glad that we decided to get a hotel room because getting back home between 4:30 & 5:00 in the morning, getting some sleep, and then taking care of 6 children all day would not have been fun! We went back to the hotel room to play our 3rd game of Phase 10 to keep ourselves awake and then we went back to the airport and met up with Victoria at 1:20am. We were all exhausted and ready for bed!

Victoria was hungry, so we went through the drive thru at Tim Hortons (a.k.a. Horton Hears a Who...that's all I could think of when I tried to come up with the name). Everything is funny when you are exhausted and it is early in the morning. I was trying to give the young man Victoria's order, but I kept laughing so hard that I couldn't talk. I can't even remember what was so funny, but I'm sure the young man thought I was just another drunk costumer he had to deal with at 2am. I felt like I was in a movie when the young man kept answering my questions with this lifeless response, "Yup...Yup...Yup." That had me laughing, too. We made it back to the hotel and finally went to bed.

Oh yeah, I can't forget about the red light that I went through on our way to the airport at 11pm. We sat and sat and sat and sat AND SAT AND SAT AND SAT at a red light waiting for it to change green. It never changed and I think we could have waited for eternity and it still would have been red, so after checking to make sure the vehicle behind us wasn't a cop car, I went through it. My mom and I laughed (we laughed a lot after 10pm) when the truck behind us stopped at the broken red light. Good luck with that!

I got up at 9:30 Saturday morning. I can't remember the last time I slept that late. We ate lunch at Friendly's and then we headed home with full bellies on a clear, sunny afternoon after a good night's rest. :-). Have I mentioned that I weighed myself Friday morning and I had reached my goal weight...woohoo!...and then I pigged out during our trip. I've been doing Weight Watchers on and off since the day after Christmas, but Matt has stuck to the South Beach Diet. Having Matt on the diet has made it easier for me to stick to Weight Watchers. I think our scale is broken now, though because it says I still weigh the same that I did Friday morning. There is just no way that is possible!

When we got home, I followed Matt to Outback Towing to drop off our Yukon. The brakes need to be worked on, so we are down to one car until the Yukon is fixed.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I am tired too and reading this puts me in the laughing at everything/nothing mood :) (Even though it is only 8:51?) I laughed more because you accidentally wrote "drunk costumer" instead of "drunk customer" ... a while ago DP picked up something from a store and they had put a note "hold for costumer" on it. We were laughing about that - "do I need new clothes? this is not a costume" etc. - so when I saw it again it made me laugh.

I told you I was tired...

I'm glad you had the foresight to get the hotel room and made a fun weekend out of it!