Thursday, January 07, 2010

Use it or Lose it

My mom bought me a Cheerios Cookbook awhile ago that has been sitting on my shelf unused. It has tasty treats and clever crafts for kids to make with cheerios. Zoe used it for the first time last month to make Emily's fish aquarium. My goal this year is to make everything in the book and then pass the book along to another mom. Zach took the initiative today and said he wanted to make his own fish aquarium and then Kate wanted to make one, too. So they did. They used paper fish instead of Swedish fish however because the Swedish fish were just too tempting to eat!

I took this picture of Kate after she popped her Swedish fish into her mouth.




Here are Zach and Kate with their finished projects. Zach had a pajama day today and Kate had a dress up day. I love Kate's hair in this picture.

I'm not sure if you can see inside the jars, but Zach and Kate were very pleased with their aquariums. They were very easy to make and now I can cross this project off the to-do list. :-)

1 comment:

Kris said...

Finn loves pajama days too! Kindred spirits. That's a cute idea - they look very proud of their creations!