Monday, December 01, 2008

Let the countdown begin!

Thanksgiving break is over. It ended with cookie baking, discovering and naming a new camp on our land, "Camp...something that starts with C that I can never remember, Christmas shopping, and wrapping books. It's great to have a mom who wraps half the books for me!


Tonight we decorate for Christmas and start our countdown to Christmas. Zach will unwrap the first book, Eleanor will color the first set of scriptures and hold a picture while we read Isaiah 7:14 and 9:6-7.

Emily will put the first puzzle piece on our nativity puzzle.

And Zoe will put our little Christmas doll in bag #1 to start her journey to Christmas Eve.


Merry Christmas season!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Oooh, I love the Christmas blog decor too!

Your basket of books looks so cute! I love it. We are actually trying the book countdown - our basket does not look so cute since I had just two leftover rolls of paper from last year that I used... and they are both a little ugly :) oh well. We are working out the kinks (just because you open the book, it's not yours, etc!) but I think it will be fun.

I hope you had a fun night!

Janae said...

What a great countdown! I also love your Christmas decor:)
I hope everyone is feeling better. I am glad Thanksgiving turned out nicely and everyone could eat:)