Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall camping, soccer, & Sunday

Matt, Zoe, Emily, and Zach slept at Camp Bravo Friday night.









Zach's awake...

Zach's asleep...





Zoe had her last soccer game yesterday. I should say games because they played 3 twenty minute games, so they played all the teams. Zoe's team won 2 games and tied the other, yay! Their team really worked together toward the end of the season and they were more aggressive, which we encouraged...aggressive as in taking the ball away from the other team and kicking the ball hard to get it away from their goal. I finally took some pictures of Zoe playing yesterday and I bought the picture CD that was made by the club because it had some good close-up shots of Zoe.
Here are the pictures that I took of Zoe defending the goal. There is another game going on in the background. You can't see the goal that Zoe is defending in these pictures. Zoe is #8...my favorite number.




Matt had his first speaking assignment in Belfast today and he told me I was speaking with him, so we all went to Belfast today. The kids were excited and nervous about visiting a different branch. I felt the same way, especially since I was speaking. My talk on Relief Society went well and fit well with the calling of a new Relief Society Presidency there. Matt held Noah while I talked and then I tried to feed Noah in the chapel while Matt talked, but Kate kept lifting up the blanket to kiss Noah's head and got mad when I wouldn't let her. We ended up going into the mother's room. I always enjoy listening to Matt speak, so I'm glad I heard most of his talk. Kate and Zach went right into Nursery without a problem, and the older girls stayed in the chapel to practice with the children who were getting ready for their program. My girls are very tired of practicing for the primary program, so they weren't thrilled to do it again today, but they survived it. The people in Belfast are so nice and I enjoyed being with them today.

We are having a nice afternoon here at home. Matt just made apple crisp and it smells so good! 25 minutes and we can dive into it. :-)

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Busy life!!! Your kids are getting so big! What a fun camp out with the family.

Kris said...

Ooh, now I want apple crisp...

That's good Matt got in another camp out before the snow flies. I'm glad your talk went well. I'm sorry I was no help with ideas but I would have liked to hear you!

I'm glad you had a good weekend.

Ave said...

Gosh darn it! I missed you. We were in Dover on Sunday for their primary presentation, I had two little cousins and my son (even though he was a visitor)participating in that one, it went really well. I wish I could have seen you, maybe I'll catch you next time.

Lana said...

looks awesome. It must be nice to live some where that they have "fall"!

Gabriela said...

mmmmmm apple crisp!!!

sometimes when I'm feeling sorry for myself and my church situation, I think about you with 6 and I try to stop complaining. At least for a few minutes. :)

Fun camping trip!

Rachelle said...

Looks like a great time!

Katie said...

Im not much of a camper, but those pics made it look pretty fun...but cold, which I dont really do cold either. I do sympathize with Zach, I can sleep anywhere too! That is so funny!