Saturday, June 03, 2006

Ugh

Today was my first time dealing with head lice and I hope I never have to deal with it again! Yesterday I discovered lice in Emily's hair, and since I had noticed Zoe scratching her head a lot and she had the same rash as Emily, I knew she had it too. Today we went through the treatment process...and what a process it was! The girls were pretty patient as I shampooed and combed through their hair with the special shampoo and comb. I just know I will be dreaming about the annoying little creatures tonight. I did not want to comb through this...
so Zoe decided it was time for a hair cut.(bless her little heart!) She freaked out a little when I first cut it, but the more she looks at it the more she likes it. I've noticed her moving her head from side to side to make her hair swish back and forth. I'm sure it feels a lot lighter than it did before. It will be much easier to take care of now!...notice the turtleneck...it was rainy and cool here today...a good day to be inside I guess.
When I wasn't in the bathroom today combing out lice, I was washing all of the bedding, well most of it, Matt did some while I went grocery shopping...fun, fun!

1 comment:

momofalltrades said...

Oh my gosh! Head Lice are the WORST! I couldn't keep up with the laundry when it ran through our family, I finally took everything to the laundry mat and filled every machine in that place to get caught up! I'm so sorry you got "bugged".