Wednesday, June 21, 2006

It's summer!

I'm in a bit of a fog this morning. For some reason Zach, Emily, and Eleanor climbed into bed with me at different times in the early morning and they were all awake at 4:15. I tried to ignore them and sleep, but it was useless.

We have been enjoying the sun this week. My dad has been coming over in the afternoon around 3pm to watch Zach while I take the girls swimming for an hour at our town pool. Eleanor stayed with my dad on Monday since she was taking a nap, but she went swimming yesterday and she did not want to leave when it was over. She kept saying that swimming was NOT over and she wanted to stay and swim. She insisted that the whistle was going to blow again and we could get back in the pool. I picked her up to leave and was thankful she didn't resist. I'm reminded frequently of how easy going she is, usually it's at a store where I'm telling her she can't buy such and such today, but maybe some other time and she says, "okay". Her personality makes it easy to take her places.
I'm thankful that the pool is free to use and it gives us something fun to do during the summer.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Swimming is my kids' favorite activity also! It's a great summer thing to do!

Nettie said...

Sounds like you are having a fun summer. Your dad is so nice to watch Zach every day for you! I hope his leg is healing quickly and he can join you at the pool soon. Poor guy.

Dawn said...

Please see the last paragraph of today's post for an update on the song with my dad.

I used to take Kristen and her brother to a pool almost every summer day when they were little - I'd sit in the shade and read, which is my very favorite thing to do.