Monday, October 19, 2009

Will we all be healthy again at the same time?

I took this picture of Kate and Noah on Thursday. Kate looks so grown up in her "cowgirl outfit" and I love Noah's jacket. We bought it when I was pregnant with Zoe...because Matt was sure we would have a boy. It's going to be sad when Noah grows out of it.


Friday, October 16th: Matt went partridge hunting with Don today.

Matt shot one of the smaller birds and Don shot the duck and the other bird.

Noah held out his hand for the dead duck to touch it, but it never did. The kids watched Matt get the birds ready for cooking, which didn't gross them out at all.

My mom came over to watch the kids this evening. She came over around 6:30pm, so the kids were fed and ready for bed, which pleased my mom. It made the evening a lot easier for her. Matt and I went to his office and watched "The Office". We are all caught up now.

Zoe didn't feel well this evening. She has a sore on the inside of her mouth and her throat is sore. This was the second time that we have had a yummy dinner that she wasn't able to enjoy. :-(

Saturday, October 17th: Matt went duck hunting with Don this morning, but neither one of them shot anything.

I took Zoe and Emily to their soccer round robin and luncheon while Matt stayed home with the younger kids. It was fun to be out with just Zoe and Emily and to watch them play without keeping an eye on their siblings. I was able to take more pictures today.

Emily (in purple)...



Zoe (in purple)...

corner kick...



The soccer teams each played 3 twenty minute games and then we went into the Miles Lane school to eat and the girls got their certificates and team pictures. Fun!

I spent the rest of the day cooking for our branch conference luncheon. I made a macaroni salad, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and I made up some chicken salad to make sandwiches before the luncheon. I was in a cooking mood and I had the time, so I enjoyed making everything.

I sent the three older girls outside in the afternoon to work in the garden. They got most of the plants and weeds pulled up. Kate saw Zoe using the rake and she wanted to try it, so she went out to help in the garden. She looked so cute in her lady bug dress raking the dirt.

Noah was cracking me up this evening as he tried to copy me by saying "All clean" after his bath. The "k" sound just sounded so cute and funny.

Zoe and Emily look forward to their hour of reading Harry Potter before bed. They are both on book 4.


Matt and I watched "Confessions of a Shopoholic" after the kids went to bed. It was a good movie.

Sunday, October 18th: Zoe's loose tooth came out as she was eating her cereal this morning!

I heard some of the talks during Sacrament meeting today. The meeting was an hour and a half long, so it was a LONG meeting with Noah and Kate. I ended up in the Primary room with them. I think it's interesting that I heard one thing loud and clear that President Dauk said. It was like the noise of Kate and Noah were blocked out, so I could hear this one thing which was that everything will work out for us according to the Lord's timeline. It gave me hope that we won't be dealing with financial problems forever.

I was able to enjoy most of our Priesthood/Relief Society meeting, but then Noah got very social and started saying "Hi" over and over again as loud as he could. I took him out of the meeting and went into the kitchen to make my sandwiches for the luncheon. Noah wandered around.

Ned (Zach's primary teacher's husband) commented today on Zach's ability to color within the lines. Here is Zach's picture that he colored from Noah's doctor's visit on Thursday...


It snowed this evening! Eleanor saw the big, fat snowflakes and yelled, "Snow day tomorrow, snow day tomorrow!"

Matt's cold has finally beat him. He was miserable this evening. He still managed to cook the duck that he brought home on Friday. It was good. Duck tastes like liver, and I like liver. I would never admit that as a kid because what normal child likes liver?...but I did, and I still do. Zoe and Kate ate the duck meat as well.

Emily found Kate's church shoe this evening. Yay! It has been missing for a few months now. It was hiding under the crib.

Today: Matt stayed home from work today. There was a little bit of snow on the ground this morning when we woke up. Zach was disappointed that it had melted when we headed to the Yukon to go to the grocery store later on in the morning.

Zach and I made brownies for our FHE treat and then we made bread for dinner before we came over to my parents' house to update here and to give Matt a few hours of peace and quiet.

Here is Kate enjoying noggin while I'm on the computer...

1 comment:

Kris said...

Oh my gosh, I love that picture of Kate and Noah. Kate does look very grown up!! I love the smiles, the outfits, the beautiful backdrop, the snuggliness - all of it!

I'm sorry Matt succumbed to the sickness... but good to get it out of the way before his trip :) I hope you feel better soon Matt!

I'm glad you had a good conference on Sunday - the food sounded awesome!