Saturday, October 03, 2009

Enjoying General Conference

I had a few hours of peaceful reading last night until Noah woke up around 11pm...just about the time I was ready to close my book and go to sleep. I ignored Noah's cries for awhile, but then went to check on him. I felt bad that I waited at all when I realized that his leg was stuck between two bars of the crib. I got him out and cuddled with him while I continued to read. I tried putting him back to bed, but he cried again and I was afraid that his leg was stuck again, so I checked on him. He was not stuck this time, but he was awake and wanted me to get him out. I took him into the living room where he played and I read. I laughed when I looked over at the door and Noah was holding one of his shoes and whining for me to open the door (at midnight) so he could go out and play. We stayed up for another hour and then at 1am, I put Noah back to bed and I went to bed myself. Kate woke up at 2am. I put her back to bed and wondered if I was going to get any sleep at all, but we slept peacefully after that.

Eleanor had soccer practice this morning and then Emily and Eleanor got their flu shots. They resisted when it was their turn. The clinic had a few firefighters/paramedics on hand to help with the uncooperative children (like mine) which was very helpful. I had Eleanor on my lap with my leg across her legs and I was pinning down her arms, but we still needed the firefighter to help hold her still. The firefighter held Emily's hand as she got her shot as I was getting Eleanor ready for her shot. The shots were so quick, which was nice. Zoe could have received her shot today, but she decided to wait until Monday at her school.

Zoe scored her first goal today during her soccer game! Matt has always said that he would pay $1 for every goal, so he paid up this afternoon. Emily almost scored twice during the game. Their team lost, but again the girls got a lot of playing time and had fun...even in the rain.

My parents recorded the first session of General Conference on their DVR, so Zoe and Emily could make it to their game today. We watched the first session of conference from 1-3pm instead of 12-2pm. I'm glad it worked out that the girls could play in their game and we could watch all of conference, too. Matt met us here at my parents' house at 1:00. He had a good time duck hunting even though they didn't shoot any ducks.

No comments: