Thursday, October 29, 2009

Taking one day at a time

I finally talked with Matt a few minutes ago for the first time since he left! He's been trying to call me, but I haven't heard the phone ring, so something must be going on with our phone. It worked Tuesday night. I'll have to remember to jiggle the phone cord this evening. That usually gets the incoming calls working again.

Right after I wrote my last post, Noah turned into a holy terror at my parents' house! He went upstairs and got into Victoria's room. He spilled the leftover coffee in the coffee pot all over the box the coffee pot was sitting on and all over the floor. Then he went into the bathroom and got the toilet brush. He must have dipped it in the toilet because there was water on the floor and a trail of water to the brush in my parents' room. I cleaned up those messes and began sweeping up the cheez-it crumbs from Kate and Noah in the living room and kitchen. At this point I was talking with my mom on the phone, so Noah took advantage of the distraction and played in the dirt I was sweeping up. When I shooed him away from the dirt, he tried taking movies off the shelf. Then he climbed up on the kids' table and got into the remote basket. He was stressing me out! I finally got everything cleaned up and we headed home.

I found a note in Eleanor's bag yesterday, which said, "Dear DaD I mis you so much Ples cum Bac Love Elenor" So sweet. We all miss you, Matt!

I took the younger kids shopping today for Halloween accessories. I also picked up a big pumpkin for us to carve. The kids were really good while we were out. They all have colds, so taking them for a ride got them all to sleep. :-) I listened to Glenn Beck in the Walmart parking lot while I waited for them to wake up. It was quite peaceful and relaxing.

I am at my parents' house now with all of the kids. I have 2 diapers to last through the evening and Noah is now stinky. Uh oh.

3 comments:

Gabriela said...

Hope you make it through the night diaper-wise.

Oh how I know those tornado days. Pedro's outgrown that mostly, but there are times he still pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

HeatherT said...

Jacob is fully in the "get into everything" stage. Ellie was into a lot, but Clara and Anne were not so bad. They spoiled me because Jacob is driving me crazy!

Anonymous said...

Man, I can't believe Noah can even get into that much trouble! I keep forgetting how old he is!