Monday, October 26, 2009

Interesting days

Friday, October 23rd: Matt and I came over to my parents' house in the evening to watch "The Office" and "Wipeout". Victoria was here at my parents' house and she was surprised to see us when we walked in because she thought Matt and I were going out. We WERE out! :-) On our way home, we stopped to watch the fireworks going on downtown. That was fun!

Saturday, October 24th: I went to the temple with my mom and the Booths. I left the house at 6:10am and got home at 10pm. We had a lot of fun and it was so nice being in the temple, as always. It was an interesting day in the temple because nothing went as planned, but we were still able to do 2 sessions before heading home.

Eleanor hurt herself when she fell while climbing on the crib railing to reach for her doll which is on a shelf above the dresser. Thankfully, she is okay.

Zoe had her first real babysitting experience today while Matt went to the dump and ran a few errands. She was very happy to earn $1. The kids were content to watch "Cosby" while Matt was gone.

I found these pictures on the camera. It looks like Noah fell asleep during lunch or dinner.



Sunday, October 25th: Eleanor felt like she was going to throw up last night and she still felt that way when she woke up in the morning. I didn't say whether we would stay home or go to church right off because I had a feeling that Eleanor would perk up, and she did. So, we went to church and it was another interesting day. Our youth talk during Sacrament was painful to listen to. Most of the talk was a reciting of this song. This youth didn't sing the song or do the actions, he just repeated the verses over and over again. Ugh. Then during my class, a member told a personal account of something that by the end of his account, I regretted letting this member say as much as he did. Another ugh.

Noah has a new playmate at church. A new family has moved into our branch and their youngest boy is 15 months old, like Noah. The boys were very busy during Relief Society!

We enjoyed our family time this afternoon and evening.

Today: This is our last evening together as a family for awhile. Matt is leaving tomorrow for Utah. Then he'll drive to South Dakota (as long as the weather cooperates) with his dad and brothers to go pheasant hunting. Then they'll drive back to Utah and he'll fly home on November 4th. I hope he has a great time, and I hope that I am still sane when he returns! :-)

2 comments:

Kris said...

I am wondering how the my name is joe song could possibly be a talk in church?? I didn't listen to it all, so I might have missed something....

I know you will miss Matt - that is a long trip - but we are so excited to see him!!! thank you for sharing him for a while :)

Matt said...

Hi! I've been trying to call, but I think the ringer on the phone must be turned off or something. If you get the chance, please call, I miss you!

Love,
Matt