Friday, October 09, 2009

My Artists

Zach and I enjoyed some one on one time yesterday afternoon while Kate and Noah were asleep at the same time! That never happens. Zach and I ate popcorn and talked, while I looked over my lesson for Sunday. We also put a puzzle together, but Noah woke up when we started putting it together.

Noah turned 15 months old yesterday! He is a happy, busy little boy!

Eleanor brought home a sweet note from her teacher yesterday. It says: "I just wanted to let you know how kind and helpful Eleanor has been in the last few days. We have a new student, and she volunteered to help him with routines, activities and more. She's truly an amazing, kind child. :-)" Matt and I had the same thought...of course Eleanor is being helpful...the new student is a boy! I asked Eleanor if she thought he was cute, but she said no that she was helping him because he is new and he doesn't know where everything is and what to do. I'm convinced that she really is just being sweet and helpful.

All the kids went outside to play after school. It was fun to watch them getting along together and all playing together. They made up a new game called "Wizards and Voldemort". Zach was Voldemort and he had to chase the wizards. He had a great time trying to get everyone. The older kids each had a wand that they made out of paper, so I'm sure they were casting spells on each other as well.

Today is the start of a 4 day weekend for the girls. Today is an inservice day for the teachers and then Monday is Columbus Day (or Columbia Day according to Zoe). Zach is so excited to have his sisters home for a long weekend! The kids went outside to play the wizard game again this morning, but they didn't last too long outside. They played Littlest Petshop inside for awhile, but that didn't last long either. Eleanor got mad and made a sign telling everyone to stay out of their room or she would bite them! They got along when they started watching "Finding Nemo". We ate lunch and then we ate sundaes at McDonalds for dessert. The kids were very good and Zoe was very helpful there. We are at my parents' house now and we were surprised to find my mom home (my dad is here too, but I expected him to be), so we'll probably stick around here for awhile and then go to the girls Varsity soccer game at 4pm. Then it's datenight. :-)

I finally got the last of the girls' artwork from last school year up in the kids' room. I didn't do so well putting up a piece of artwork each week, so I put the rest of the artwork up yesterday and called it good.
Zoe's artwork...


Emily's artwork...



Eleanor's artwork...





Have a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

You have to have a lot of wallspace for all of that great art!

It's snowing here like crazy.