Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Enduring

Monday, October 12th: If you want a short, fun game for Family Home Evening, play Jenga. We played one round this evening. I was the last player and I knocked the tower down (not on purpose). Game over, move on to the treat. :-)

As I was putting Zach to bed, I noticed that his upper lip looked sore and a bit puffy. Matt looked at his lip and he wondered if Zach was having an allergic reaction to something. The only thing different I could think of that he ate was a cough drop because earlier he was complaining of a sore throat. We noticed that Zach's bottom lip was also swollen a bit and looked sore and then we noticed a sore on his tongue. Matt gave Zach a Priesthood blessing and then we made a bed for him on the floor beside our bed. He was miserable throughout the night. Kate was also awake throughout the night, which is normal for her, but I wondered if she had a sore throat as well. It was not a restful night!

Tuesday, October 13th: Zoe is feeling back to normal, but Eleanor woke up with a stomach ache and a sore throat, so she stayed home from school. I had a minor sore throat all day. Zach's mouth was still sore. Every time Kate tried to eat she would say "I'm not feeling good" and then she would stop eating. I noticed a sore on her tongue in the evening. Zach and Kate fell asleep in the late afternoon as the older kids and I were watching the bonus features of "Finding Nemo". Zach and Kate both woke up cranky during dinnertime. I told Zach that I would take him to the doctor tomorrow and he was so miserable that he said, "I want to go to the doctor today!". Matt worked late (I encouraged him to), so it turned out to be a long day and evening. The kids were finally in bed and quiet at 9pm.

I tried reading "Goodbye, she lied" before going to sleep, but I was so exhausted from taking care of sick kids, doing laundry, and making phone calls for the PTO (which wasn't exhausting and I didn't have to make the calls today, but before my hectic day began, I decided to make the calls today and had to follow through) that I didn't get much reading done before I fell asleep.

Oh, and let's not forget Noah playing in the toilet water as I was falling asleep in the afternoon while I was listening to Emily read. Nor can we forget going to change Noah's diaper before bedtime and realizing that his poopy diaper was down around his ankle. I am done with Luvs diapers! This is the second box of defective Luvs diapers that I have bought and I will buy no more.

Today: After talking with Matt, I agreed with him that there wasn't anything that the doctor was going to be able to do for Zach, that we just needed to wait it out, so no doctor visit today. Zach is improving, but he is still in a lot of pain and is sore. My concern yesterday was that he wasn't eating or drinking enough, but he is able to drink more today, so I will go to the grocery store in a bit to buy him different liquids. Kate will benefit from the liquids as well since she still isn't eating much because of the sore on her tongue. Kate threw up her chocolate milk this morning. I think it was too much for her empty stomach. Fun times here! Noah is making up for Zach and Kate's lack of eating by eating everything in sight!

Eleanor is back to school. Zach wanted to stay home all day, but I convinced him to come over to my parents' house. I wanted to update here and I really wanted to get out of the house after yesterday. He agreed as long as it was only for a short while.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds pretty miserable all around!

Kris said...

Oh man, I hope everyone is much better SOON!