Monday, December 17, 2007

Since I last checked in...

Matt made a new bed frame to put our new futon bed mattress on. It still needs some finishing touches, but we have been sleeping on our new bed the last few nights. :-)

I went Christmas shopping with Zoe, Emily, Eleanor, Kate, and my Mom for cousin gifts, school gifts, friend gifts, and sibling gifts. It is sweet how anxious Eleanor is for Zach to open the gift she chose for him.

Kate has been sleeping in the crib since Friday night. The kids tend to her when she cries before they fall asleep and then Matt is in charge of tending to her when she cries in the middle of the night. She seems to settle right back to sleep after he checks on her. Zach is taking this change harder than Kate. He slept well Friday night and last night, but Saturday night he was up throughout the night. I think part of the problem was the dark he woke up to since the Christmas lights we have in the kids' room weren't on. Zach is our first child to be afraid of the dark.
He takes advantage of any opportunity to push Kate over and lay on her. When Kate is sitting on my lap, Zach wants to sit on my lap, which also goes the other way. One of them cannot be near me without the other one noticing and making a fuss about it. I really hope they outgrow this phase before the new baby comes!

We only had Sacrament meeting yesterday because of snow. We had our Christmas program, which was very nice as usual. We enjoyed cookies and cider after church before heading home in the snow.

I put 50 Christmas cards in envelopes and got them ready to be mailed out or given to family and friends.

Zoe was very disappointed this morning that she had school. I'm sure she was very happy when she heard that school would be getting out early today because of a broken water main in town. They are now happily watching a new Scooby Doo movie my Mom bought for them. And now I have more laundry to put away, and you are up to date.

1 comment:

Kris said...

wow, that's a lot of happenings! the new bed sounds great. I don't know if we're going to do cards this year, so I'm very impressed by that accomplishment!