Thursday, September 13, 2007


Matt and I have gone without TV for about 8 years now...we have a TV to watch DVDs on, but no channels come in. TV shows have come and gone throughout the years and we have been pretty much clueless about them...until Netflix (oh and the 1 or 2 fall seasons we got cable to watch college football, but canceled when the season was over because of our tight budget and I HATE watching commercials). We now cannot go to bed at night without watching "The Office" or "Firefly". We can watch one episode of "Firefly" in an evening, but we can't seem to watch only one episode of "The Office"! We got the last disc of season 3 today and I'm sure we'll be returning the disc tomorrow wondering how we're going to watch season 4 which starts in a couple of weeks. Getting cable is not an option. We're hoping the NBC site will show the episodes after they are shown on TV. What are we going to do without "The Office" to watch???

Here are 13 other TV shows/movies we have enjoyed through Netflix...

1. The Jetsons (the kids are watching it right now and loving it)
2. Little House on the Prairie (kids and I)
3. Dharma and Greg
4. Sniper school
5. High School Musical (kids)
6. MythBusters: Mega Movie Myths
7. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
8. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
9. Fun with Dick and Jane
10. Rumor Has It
11. Catch and Release
12. To Catch a Thief
13. Flyboys

Do you have a favorite TV show or a movie we must see? I love the commercial-free DVDs!

6 comments:

jennyryan72 said...

We love the Mythbusters too!

Qtpies7 said...

Movie must see: Much Ado About Nothing, with Keanu Reeves and Denzel Washington.
TV: Scrubs!!!!
You should be able to catch the new shows on the websites, I think the Office is one of them.

mindyluwho said...

I grew up without a TV for most of my life. We have one now and I wish we didn't, but I can't convince the man of the house to do without, even though he rarely watches it!

We love Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters and lately we've been watching Shakespeare movies because my girls are taking a Shakespeare class.

dawnae said...

If you like high suspense and action you have to get 24. I also love heros, and my all time favorite is Ugly Betty. (Doug doesn't like Ugly betty, guess she is too homely for him, he probably compares all women to his wife!) :)

Vickie said...

Don't you just love watching The Little House on the Prairie? My favorite is Brothers & Sisters. We also like to watch Dirty Jobs.

http://scpepccee.blogspot.com/

Nicholas said...

Are you watching the original Office? Or the NBC knockoff?
Fun With Dick & Jane (George Segal and Jane Fonda) was a great film.