Sunday, September 09, 2007

Continued

So I left off last time with Zoe's soccer practice...mixing basketball moves with soccer ones. She ran down the field to defend the goal and I think she just automatically put her arms up to defend, at least we know her basketball practices are paying off.

I kept the kids on the grass as long as I could, but they eventually ended up in the dirt. Emily made friends with the coach's youngest daughter who is in 2nd grade.

Zoe's first soccer game was yesterday. Zoe played most of the game (all the kids do) and she had a great time. She was nervous at first, but she gained confidence as the game went on. She had some good kicks when she had the ball and she was more aggressive than I expected. Here she is playing defense?...I'm not up on my soccer knowledge yet. Her team won...just for the record.

The kids had fun playing during Zoe's game. Here is Zach climbing up the hill so he can roll back down.

Kate loves to pick the grass, and she found a leaf to play with. She tried to eat her new surroundings, but wasn't too successful.


I have to sum up my Friday for you because it shows how much driving one can do in our area. I drove around 160 miles on Friday to go put gas in the Yukon, go to our church to drop off Eleanor and Zach so they could be babysat there while I volunteered at the food pantry, go to the grocery store to pick up food for the food pantry, go to the food pantry, go back to the church to get Eleanor and Zach, go to the bank, go home, go pick Mom up by her work because she got in a car accident...she is fine, her car is not...

go to Mom's house to drop off Mom, Zoe, Emily, Eleanor, and Zach, go to Bugaboo Creek for dinner with Matt and Kate, go to Goodwill where I bought 2 pairs of jeans for myself :-), go to Mom's house to pick up the kids, go home. I was tired of driving by the time I got home that evening! Matt opened his birthday package from his parents when we got home...and played with the new nerf dart guns he bought. Zach loves playing with the dart gun, which is probably the best birthday gift Matt could get.



And if you noticed that I am posting this at 10:30 on Sunday morning, that is because I am home from church today with the kids because Zoe, Emily, and Zach have colds. The sick season returns!

5 comments:

mindyluwho said...

160 miles in one day...wow! I feel your pain with all that driving, I am in the car from 2:30 on every weekday afternoon driving kids to and from activities. I haven't kept up with how many miles per day though...I think I'm scared to!

Darling pictures of your kids playing in the grass, especially Kate, that's just precious!

Kris said...

Bummer about the colds.. hope they feel better soon. And sad about your mom's car, but I'm glad she is OK! Thanks for all of the fun pictures.

Gabriela said...

Hope the kiddos are better soon-Kate is such a cutie-they all are, but she looks so sweet!

Phae-Jae said...

I'm tired just reading, I can imagine you hit the pillow asleep that night!

Hope the kids recover quickly!

Janae said...

What a day! Zoe looks great on the field, it looks like she is having fun also. I am glad your mom was OK after seeing the picture of her car!