Saturday, September 29, 2007

Making ME smile

My family has me up early on this Saturday morning, so I'm taking the opportunity to catch up on blogs. My friend, Cindy has made my day awarding me this...



I miss having Cindy in our branch at church. Her husband is in the Navy, so they moved on from Winter Harbor around 5 years ago (is that right, Cindy...I'm thinking Emily was 1 when you moved). Cindy was my counselor in Young Women's and she always had great ideas for our secret pal activities. The young women would pick one sister in our branch to surprise with a gift each month for a year, and Cindy was the brain and talent behind those gifts the girls would make. I also think of Cindy when I see the quilt she and the young women made for me and Emily when Emily was born. She is such a talented, crafty person...just like me (HA!). Cindy is also very sweet and I can't imagine anyone not wanting to be around her. She makes ME smile. :-)

The creator of the award had this to say -"The thing that I love most about blogging is that I learn so much about a person just by reading their blog. I have met MANY wonderful people with wonderful stories to tell, and I am grateful every day for each person that I have the pleasure of crossing paths in life with. I wanted to create something special for the people who have inspired me through their blogging; the stories they tell, and the lives they lead with grace and dignity. I visit their blogs for inspiration and encouragement...

Please grab your badge and wear it (with a smile) proudly, and pass it on because you inspire and encourage me---thank you!"

So I'd like to pass this award on to several wonderful ladies who I have "met" through blogging and I just love getting to know them better through each post they write.

PJ...who inspires me to love my family more and to have fun with them
Mindy...who inspires me to appreciate the words of Isaiah (not an easy task!)
Dawn...who inspires me to be more spiritual
Gabriella...who inspires me to be a little more adventurous

Thank you for being you!

2 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

Thanks Joey and Congrats! That really made me smile:) this morning. What a great award to share, I am excited to pass it on.

I agree Mindy deserves it. She is an extraordinary Woman, loved and admired by MANY. I'm not just saying that because she is my family, I KNOW because she is my family:)

Thanks again!

mindyluwho said...

Thank you Joey...it was an honor I didn't expect! I'm glad I'm making someone smile about Isaiah!

And PJ...right back at you! You're the first I thought of to pass it on to, but since you already have it...