Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Information overload

Zoe and Emily had a GREAT first day of school! They talked non-stop for a good hour after they got home! It was nice that they wanted to tell me about their day and show me the papers they brought home, but it was a little much to have them both talking at the same time. They both LOVE their teachers, so it looks like their going to have a great year. Zoe had homework, Emily thought she had homework, but then Zoe pointed out to her that the papers she brought home were for me, so Emily didn't have homework, but then Emily remembered she needed to draw a picture about herself, which she was supposed to bring in for the first day of school, but didn't, so she said she would do that. But she never did and I realized this after she went to bed, so I had her do it this morning. I'm afraid Emily is not going to be as self-driven about doing Homework as Zoe. I went through all the papers last night...school insurance, lunch information, contact information, calendar events, soccer information, new procedures...lots of information!

Zoe and I went to her soccer sign-up last night. There is a soccer league for 3rd-6th graders, so this is Zoe's first year. She is on the purple team and her first practice is tonight and her first game is Saturday. She's excited that she's actually going to play games instead of just practicing, which they do in 1st and 2nd grade. I was with the coach Zoe got because I know the coach and she's really nice. Zoe was happy too when I told her who her coach is.

Eleanor and I played, played, played yesterday. She misses Zoe and Emily when they are at school. We're heading to storytime pretty soon and I think we'll stop at the park on our way home. It's another beautiful day! I love this time of year, I think it has become my favorite.

5 comments:

Kris said...

I'm glad they had such a great first day!

Dawn said...

It's nice when they tell you what happened at school instead of just saying, "Nothing!" Sounds like a good start.

This is definitely my favorite time of the year!

Janae said...

It is always so exciting to get home from the first day! I think that is so great that the girls have much to tell you. As my girls get older it seems to be less, and less. :( we are working on that though! Vivi misses the girls when they are gone too. Every morning about 10 AM she will say "where are Lexi and Lilli" and I tell her the same thing every morning. I think it might just take awhile for it to sink in!

dawnae said...

It is just crazy busy right now, isn't it? I am glad that the girls had a great day, the younger ones always feel a little left out don't they, then they want to grow up too fast!

Phae-Jae said...

Homework for Mom! All the paperwork.

Such a fun first day!