Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Update

I finished Harry Potter yesterday...excellent! Now I'd like to get the books on CD and listen to the entire series. I picture myself going for a walk in the evening while enjoying Harry Potter...it could happen, right? Zoe wants to read the first Harry Potter book now. I think she should!

I started our smiley/frowny face chart yesterday to re-establish our happy home. The girls earn a smiley face for making good decisions and they earn a frowny face for making bad decisions. If they have more smiley faces on Saturday than frowny faces, than they get to go to the Dairy Port for an ice cream. My children LOVE getting ice cream, so this system works for them. As soon as I tell them they have earned a frowny face, they immediately stop what they are doing and try to make better decisions.

We're going to the Bangor State fair today with my mom and Matt's family. Matt will join us later this afternoon. It's going to be a hot, sunny day...perfect for swimming, but we'll be sweating at the fair. :-)

4 comments:

Courtney said...

oooh, good idea!

Dawn said...

Yay for smiley faces!! Good system.

I've been listening to books on tape when I drive to work and back. I decided to try Danielle Steel's latest this way - haven't read one of hers for a long time and I have to say, she's really not a very good writer!

Janae said...

I like the chart idea! I am excited to break open my Harry Potter:)

Janet said...

lol I did the same thing; finished reading the book and went out and got the CDs :-)

what did you think of the book?