Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Treading water

My Mom has pointed out to me that since all of the kids have been home that I'm not blogging as much. I have to admit that I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water around here. My house is in desperate need of cleaning and that's not getting done either so don't feel like the only neglected one. You would think that as much as I hold Kate that I would have plenty of opportunities to sit at the computer and type. Not so. Well the kids are watching "Bob the Builder" now so I will take a few minutes to play catch up...while I hold Kate of course.

First of all, I had mentioned in an earlier post about needing to call Vonage to get our phone working. Well I did call, but it didn't result in a working phone. Instead I was angry because my cell phone battery died in the middle of the call, Kate was crying, and I couldn't hear/understand the representative when I was talking to her. I haven't bothered to call back because I know Kate will cry and it's just too stressful. So I'm debating whether to cancel our Vonage account and just use our cell phones (which was the original plan when we got the cell phones), but it is such a pain to let everyone know about a new number...and we just did that awhile ago when we switched to Vonage. Decisions, decisions.

The kids and I got together with my friend, Stephanie on Saturday at the park, which was a lot of fun. Stephanie and I have been friends since Kindergarten and we live about an hour away from each other. It has taken us 6 years to get our kids together for a playdate. Pathetic I know.
Me & Steph

Steph & Kate

Eleanor, Zach, Charlotte (Charlie), Zoe, Kate, Emily, & Kam0i (Kami)

Emily and Charlie were born just days apart. I have a picture of them as infants and now I finally have an updated photo of them!

I hope it's not another 6 years before we get together again.

Matt is picking a jury today for a huge trial that starts on Thursday. He has been stressing and working, working, working. I think I'll see him Friday night for date night. I'm glad he doesn't have to be gone this much all the time. I just keep thinking about the money. Yes, I'm willing to sacrifice for a few weeks for good money.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm sorry things are not so hot right now. It'll get better! I must say that there were times when we were both down, but it usually was kind of evened out.

Kris said...

Hi Joey!
Thanks for the update... I was hoping you would have a new post. I think it is a lot harder to stay on top of things in the summer, too - and I'm not holding a crying baby! I thought I would catch up on my photos & things like that this summer... now I'm hoping to get to that in the fall.
I'm glad you got together with your friend, that is fun. I hope the trial goes well.

Phae-Jae said...

I'm tired from just reading that! Summer has been hectic here too. I don't have a baby glued to me, that would magnify everything. You need a nice bath or some cheesecake!!

Phae-Jae said...

I hope Matt has great success in court!