Monday, July 30, 2007

The return

Zoe came back home last night, yay! It's nice having her home...we're going through an adjustment period though. I'm sure it is hard for her to let go of the "only child being pampered away from home" state to embrace the "one of 5 siblings...no one is pampering me!" state. She tried to inform me last night at the airport that because she was hungry we needed to stop at McDonald's on the way home because she was in charge and that's what she wanted to do...but I informed her that her vacation was over and she could eat at home...and there have been other minor challenges ever since!

Zoe flew back home with Matt's brother and his family who are vacationing here now. It's so much fun to have Matt's family come to visit! We went to church today and then we went over to my parents' home for lunch/dinner and to visit. Our kids LOVE having cousins here to play with!

6 comments:

Kris said...

I always have that post-vacation letdown myself... but hopefully having the cousin party continue will ease the transition! I wish I was there too! have fun-

Courtney said...

That's funny (annoying funny). What is my kids excuse for acting like that all the time?

Cindy said...

That's always a frustrating transition. Sounds like she's having a great summer, though.

Janae said...

We sure enjoyed getting to see her! (even if it was short for us. I am sure the vacationing let down will wear off soon:)

Dawn said...

Yes, that must be hard for her to re-enter! I had that problem myself after the trip.

Phae-Jae said...

Ahh, the joys of informing our children the "vacation is over"!lol

How fun to have family in, I just blogged about family today!