Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy Pioneer Day

We made this covered wagon treat last night during our Family Home Evening. The idea came from the July Friend magazine. Emily wanted to save the wagon, so we ate from the leftover ingredients. Eleanor decided to eat the wagon wheels this morning, but the rest of our wagon is still intact. It's our reminder today to remember the pioneers who crossed the plains to reach the Salt Lake Valley. How grateful we are for their faith and sacrifice!


marshmallows, graham cracker, pretzel sticks, gummy lifesavers, caramel, and frosting


I'm also hoping to celebrate this day by starting the last Harry Potter book. Matt finished it last night. I hesitate to start the book because I know it will be hard for me to get anything else accomplished until I have finished it...all 759 pages!, but it must be read and so let the reading begin.

3 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

Happy Pioneer day to you all!

I love that, too cute.

dawnae said...

I am so excited to read HP!!! I have it, it is ready, I just have to finish the 6th, think I will do it tonight! Just wanted to be up and refreshed on everything I will need to know! Happy Pioneer Day!

dawnae said...

Personally, I would have gone for the Covered Wagon over the wheels anyday!