Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Not so wordless



I made a decision this morning about my scrapbooking. I'm going to do one family book each year instead of keeping up with individual scrapbooks like I have been doing. Scrapbooking has become a chore and I'm tired of stressing about it. Doing one family book will save me time and money, and I'll still be recording our family events. I wanted each child to have their own scrapbooks to have in their homes when they are grown and they will have some, but the rest of history will have to be viewed in our home when they come to visit...and then they can fight over them when I die. I think this will lift a burden from my shoulders and I need that right now.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

sounds good to me. I do digital scrapbooking. I can't get my head around the other kind.

Kris said...

You are so great with the scrapbooks, journals, blog, everything. I think having one family book will work out great - and I think simplifying is always a good thing!

Dawn said...

I'm all for de-stressing life!!

Phae-Jae said...

With computers becoming so advance, they will probably be able to scan and print from the original scrapbooks, and make their own copies.

I've scrapped for nine years, and am burnt out as well.

dawnae said...

I haven't scapped in a long time. I think I stopped around the time I blessed Isabelle. I have so much to do that I may have to wait until the children are grown to get the time. I just don't know how to get all the things done that need to get done, not to mention the money! I think these blogs are the best family history I have kept. There should be a way to make a hard copy.