Friday, December 08, 2006

Is my due date right?

I've been trying to blog the past few days, but blogger has had some issues.

It is snowing. I have a doctor's appointment today for the baby. I hate driving in the snow, but I will attempt to leave early and drive slow. I am 33 weeks pregnant today, but from the questions and reactions I get from strangers I meet these days, I look 40 weeks pregnant. I've decided to keep track of comments I receive now and blog about it because I think that's the only thing that will keep me sane. It would really be sad for myself and my family if I go mental on the next cashier that sees me and says, "You look like you're due any day now" and then I say, "No, I'm not due until the end of January" and they ask, "Are you having twins?" and I say, "No" and they just smile. Blogging could save my life here!
When I went on Zoe's field trip, there was another woman who was pregnant there as well. I saw her the next day at the service counter of our grocery store and we talked briefly about the field trip and then I asked her when she was due to have her baby. She said the middle of January. When I told her I was due at the end of January, she laughed and said, "You're kidding?!"...I thought you were due any day now...are you having twins?"...Maybe I should just start telling everyone yes, I am having twins or I'm due tomorrow...no, that would be going against the honesty lesson we just had in Family Home Evening. (sigh)
Not only do I look huge, but people are convinced that the baby has dropped, even after I explain that I always carry low. I look like I'm going to pop any minute...so they say.

I just had a short coversation with Eleanor about going to the doctor to hear the baby that's in my tummy. She asked about the baby in her tummy...no baby in her tummy...She wondered if Zoe or Emily came out of her tummy...no, Zoe was in mommy's tummy, Emily was in mommy's tummy, Eleanor was in mommy's tummy, Zach was in mommy's tummy, and now Madison is in mommy's tummy...Eleanor ~ "But I don't want to be a baby in mommy's tummy...it's dark in there!"

3 comments:

Dawn said...

That's hilarious! My niece, Karen, from The Big Trade-Off, had the same problem. Check out my BD tribute and maybe send greetings to the two girls. Have a good day!

Kris said...

Madison? very cute name, I like it. Hope everything went well at the doctor. Definitely you need to ignore the comments. That is such a weird part of being pregnant - suddenly everyone feels free to comment on your body shape/size at random!

Lei said...

Eleanor - what a cutie! You have to wear blinders during pregnancy... and earphones, lol. Everyone gets a little unwanted advice and/or comments!