Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Dad

About Me:
Tell about your father...
I spend a lot of time with my mom now, but as a child I spent more time with my dad. He would get out of work in the afternoon before my mom would get home, so he's the one I remember getting dinner ready and being at home the most. My dad would be there at my sporting events and he coached one of my baseball teams. In high school, I remember pretending to be embarrassed when one of my friends announced that my dad was coming, but I was happy that he was there and always showed interest in what I was doing. He always tried to teach me new skills such as cooking, gardening, and car maintenance, but I never took much interest in learning these things, which I regret. I have learned how to cook and I enjoy cooking, but a gardener and car repairer I am not.
My dad has the ability to talk to anyone, an ability I did not inherit. This social trait of his makes him a great missionary because he easily talks about the gospel in a conversation (at least he makes it seem easy). I did inherit his healthy habits such as eating good foods and exercising. We enjoy our treats and desserts, but that is balanced with healthy food. My dad is not a spender of money and I think I get my good sense about money from him.
I look more like my dad with dark hair, skin that tans easily, brown eyes, and some native american features.
My dad is not a patient man, but he is very kind, compassionate, helpful, and loving. He loves to read and learn new things. He loves to be with his grandkids and to teach them new things. He gets involved in their activities just as much as he did with me and my sister. He is willing to watch my kids when I need him to and I appreciate that.
I love you, Dad.

No comments: