Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas getting to know me

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!
I copied this from Cindy.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap

3. Colored lights or white lights on the tree/house? We put colored lights around the inside of our house and on the tree (no tree this year), and white lights outside (but our outlet outside isn't working so no outside lights this year).

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No ( I have nothing against mistletoe, I just never think about it when we're decorating)

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually I wait until December 1st, but since we are leaving before Christmas for Utah, I started decorating the day after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Sausage Egg Casserole...I love having a big breakfast on Christmas morning.

7. What is your favorite Holiday memory as a child? Taking a loooong time to open presents. My sister and I would take turns opening a gift, so everyone could see what the other got. We have our kids each open a gift at the same time and then they have to wait until they are all ready to open another one.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What...There's no santa?!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I did as a kid, but we don't usually let our kids. I did buy Zoe and Emily pajamas one year and we let them open those to wear to bed Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Colored lights, lots of ornaments (mostly homemade), and a paper star on top.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it for Christmas.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, and Zoe and Emily are very anxious to go skating!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? There was a favorite gift every year...I remember the cabbage patch kid...a must have!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Remembering Jesus, the true meaning of Christmas, spending time with family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Sugar cookies

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to the Creche exhibit and parade of lights the first Saturday of December.

17. What tops your tree? A yellow paper star

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, I'm excited to watch the kids open their gifts!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? What Child is this

20. Candy Canes! It wouldn't be Christmas without candy canes!!!...I think there originally was a question here...I do like candy canes, but the kids don't eat them, so I haven't bought any.

Zoe and Emily each made a Christmas card and then I photocopied them so they can give a card to each of their classmates and teacher. We bought tootsie pops to put on the front of the envelopes. Zoe's card is on the left, and Emily's card (intentionally upside down because that is how she made it) is on the right.



Our family picture.

4 comments:

melakaplanter said...

Merry christmas to you. Why you named your blog as 5 too many? You have 5 children. They are beautiful.

Best Regard

Lai
Malaysia.
feel free to visit me at http://ilmunidham.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Love, love, love sausage and egg casserole, too. My mom makes it every Christmas morning along with her famous caramel rolls and it is DELICIOUS!

The cards are adorable, as is the pic of your family. You are all beautiful! Merry Christmas!!

Dawn said...

Sweet family! Have a wonderful trip and a great time with your family.

Rachelle said...

Great family pic! Have a wonderful holiday season!