Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

We enjoyed a beautiful, hot Memorial Day. We finished planting our garden and squash/pumpkin patches this morning. Matt put up a fence around the garden. Now he needs to make an entrance because right now the rabbits AND the rest of us cannot get into the garden. Most people would enjoy the break from weeding, but I like weeding and I want to stay on top of it this year. I also want to make sure our tomato plants stay inside the cages and don't grow out the sides like they did last year.

We went to the Prospect parade and watched Zoe as she marched by playing her flute.



We went over to my parents' house to eat, relax, and play. Zoe, Emily, my Mom, my Dad, and I played a fun game of Phase 10. Zoe came from behind and won.

We went to the Bucksport parade to watch Zoe again. Now we are home, wishing our air conditioner was hooked up because we are roasting! We have gone from cold, wet Spring weather straight to hot Summer weather. I would much rather have the hot weather, so I'm not going to complain. Stating that we are roasting is just a fact.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just doing some blog hoppin' this evening after spending the day at the lake. Another Maine Mom!

Jessy

Martie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! PLEASE send a little sunshine to us! Yesterday:47 high and pouring rain. Ugh.