Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Battle Within

Part of me is regretting my decision to stop coaching softball after this season. Whenever I think twice about my decision, though, I come across a quote like this..."These wise mothers who know are selective about their own activities and involvement to conserve their limited strength in order to maximize their influence where it matters most." (quoted from "Mothers Who Know" by Julie B. Beck). The desire to continue coaching is always the strongest after a game. Especially after a game like tonight when we win 17-16. Emily slid into home to score the winning run (for the second time this season). Go Emily! It is painful for me to think about softball going on next season without me coaching. I'm sure by next season, I will be over the feeling of loss and more excited to be able to help out where needed or sit back and enjoy the game, but for right now, the battle within me is real and strong.

2 comments:

MJ said...

I'm sure it has got to be tough. Too bad there aren't more hours in the day to do everything we'd like. But I'm sure you're doing the right thing for your family. And it will pass. I hope. :)

Martie said...

I hear you! That quote is perfect. I have a friend who wants me to watch her two babies full time next year and I really love her little ones and want to help her out, but I KNOW it would just spread me too thin for my own family. This quote describes perfectly what I feel. It all goes back to the good, better, best thing, doesn't it?