Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yay for the internet!

The last time I wrote, I was certain that we would be without the internet in our home for a long time, but after talking with a lady at the cable company, and Matt getting paid some money, we are back online at home. :-)

I have been in a decluttering/organizing mood this week. I attacked the living room, which I have been wanting to work on for a long time now. Here is the before picture. I had already removed one bookcase and was working on taking down the radio and table when I thought to take a picture.

One bookcase is now in our room with all of the books, so that will need to be decluttered and organized soon.

Here is what the living room looks like now.

Hopefully at some point, we will paint the living room and get rid of the rug. I'd like to put a hardwood floor in. We also need to get our chair and ottoman reupholstered. The rowing machine is now set up to use at any time, which is nice. I'm in the process of convincing the younger kids that the rowing machine seat is not a toy.

We have spent most of our afternoons at the park this week. Noah says "park" whenever we get in the car now.




Zoe and Emily had Activity Days Tuesday night with Sunshine. They are working on making babysitting kits. They are looking forward to decorating their own bags to put their games and activities in.

Softball practices were supposed to start this week, but because of some issues going on with the league officers, we haven't started yet. I don't know what team I'm coaching or who is on my team yet. I'm just waiting to hear what's going on.

We are still in the process of getting rid of lice. This lice problem has been a nightmare. Every time we think it is gone, we discover we are wrong.

I took Zach, Kate, and Noah to McDonald's for lunch yesterday. They had a great time!



My mom and I took Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor to the PTO spaghetti supper last night and then we went to see the middle school play, "Into the Woods, Junior". We had a fun evening! Eleanor expected the evening to be a bit more exciting, but I think she still had a good time.

Zoe's artwork was hanging on the wall in the hall at the school along with her classmates' artwork. Zoe's artistic ability amazes me!

4 comments:

Kris said...

I'm so happy you have the internet back! That's great. The living room looks AWESOME! Wow. I can't believe how big Noah is getting - I had to do a double take on those park pictures...

Dawn said...

It must feel so good to have so much more room in the living room!

Glad you got your Inet back.

The picture by Zoe is amazing!

mindyluwho said...

Decluttering is a never ending task, is it not?! I'm in the process as well. I've been getting up early and working on things before taking my daughter to seminary. I figure if I can get in 1/2 hour every morning then I'm not going to worry about it the rest of the day.

Your living room looks great!

mindyluwho said...

And Zoe has a real artistic talent!