Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Family and The Wild Wild West

My sister, Donna, and her husband, Doug, and Doug's daughter, Barb, and Barb's boyfriend, Bryan, and Donna and Doug's granddaughter, Andi are visiting this week. They are staying with my parents. They arrived Saturday evening and they are here for the week. The kids and I have been able to spend some time with them here and there and will spend more time with them throughout the week. Here is a picture of Zach, Kate, Noah, and Andi.

Andi is so cute! Kate refers to Andi as "Noah's friend". The younger kids and I spent a few hours this morning with everyone and when we first arrived at my parents' house, Andi hugged each of the kids. It was so sweet!

Emily had Kids in Motion this evening at her school. The theme of the performance was The Wild Wild West.

The kids made paper hats at school for the performance.

All of the students sang "Welcome to the West" and then each class performed a dance. Emily's class did the "Virginia Reel". Emily's partner was her good friend, Daisy, so that was fun for Emily. At the end of the performance, all of the students sang "Cowboys Are Ok" and "Goodnight Tonight Goodnight".

The school puts on Kids in Motion every other year, so this was Emily's last year participating. When I mentioned to Emily that it was her last year doing it, she was very happy and replied, "Yay!". She doesn't like performing in front of a lot of people, but she did a great job tonight!

2 comments:

Mal said...

Can I just say that first sentence was AWESEOME.

Janae said...

How fun to get to visit with so much family:) The picture with the kids is so cute. I love Emily's pictures, she looks very cute. The hat is very fun too, I love that they made them!