Thursday, December 17, 2009

The power of 2

Yesterday was a tough dieting day for me. Having Matt on the diet with me stopped me from going to Friendly's or McDonald's with Zoe and Emily last night after Activity Days. If I had been dieting myself, I would have enjoyed a delicious cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate milkshake...and then regretted it. Matt has had food temptations as well, but has stuck to the diet because I am dieting with him. We are debating whether or not to take a day off from dieting on Christmas. We are leaning towards sticking to the diet because we are both afraid that we won't be able to get back on it the next day, but I'm not sure I can resist my super yummy sugar cookies. The kids are looking forward to the sugar cookies, so I have to make them. One thought for Christmas day is to fill up on the food we're not supposed to eat and then bring what is leftover to my parents' house Christmas evening when we go over for dinner. Then we won't be tempted the next day. Whatever is decided will be done together!

1 comment:

Martie said...

I'm so impressed with you! That takes so much willpower. Way to go, both! I want to see pictures!