Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Would be snow day

It snowed throughout the night last night, so we woke up to about 4 inches of new snow. Everything is so white and beautiful outside! I'm glad it snowed because it had rained on Sunday and most of the snow was gone. The kids didn't play outside today as much as I thought they would, but they did go out for a little bit this afternoon. It must have been pretty cold outside because usually Zoe lasts a lot longer out in the snow. She came in complaining that she couldn't feel her fingers. I sent the camera out with Emily and she took this picture of Zoe. No wonder she was cold!


Yesterday, I started thinking about some red felt that was in our closet and I wondered what to do with it. I then realized that I have flannel board figures that have never been cut out and will need felt on the back when they are cut out.

I spent a little bit of time yesterday cutting out these flannel board figures and gluing the red felt on the back of them. I have more to cut out, but I focused on this set yesterday. Seeing these flannel board figures inspired Eleanor to use some other figures we have that were already cut out for her FHE lesson. Yay, we used our flannel board and figures that we haven't used in awhile! I like it.

I cleaned the kids' room today and cleaned off their dresser, which I haven't done in awhile. I decided that we didn't need to hang on to these trophies any longer. I took a picture of them and told Zoe that we now have a picture of them and I am going to get rid of them. They are trophies that she received after participating in the basketball programs in Bucksport and Orland over the last several years. We didn't really have room for them and they were just collecting dust. Goodbye trophies. For the record, I did keep her softball trophy that she earned this past Spring. I'll get rid of that one when she earns a new one. I would care more about these trophies if they were meant for Zoe specifically for a certain achievement, but they are generic trophies that everyone received.


Here is a record of Eleanor's artwork that I simplified today.

Can you imagine the amount of artwork we would have if I didn't have it in me to simplify most of it?!

And here is a picture of Noah using one of his Christmas gifts. I love this Goodwill find! So cute.

4 comments:

Kris said...

You are so good at staying on top of things and being organized! It is so hard to get rid of kids' stuff (at least at our house) - do you have any tips on convincing them to let go of things? or do you just do it?

Dawn said...

Good job of simplifying - Kristen needs to do that more often!

Looks cold - sure hope Kev's not suffering too much!

Mal said...

I know how it is with the trophies. I held on to some from middle school for the longest time, even into my senior year of high school. Finally it hit me, "I've accomplished the same trophy like four times over since I was initially given it. I think I can give it up. It's not a gold medal." So I did. - Mallory

mindyluwho said...

I love how you simplify your trophies and pictures! Very clever!