Sunday, December 13, 2009

Diet update

As of today, Matt and I are on Phase 2 of the South Beach Diet. We made it through Phase 1 with no cheating! I find it fascinating that the food I need to avoid like pizza, cookies, chips, and chocolate for example smell really good and I know they are super yummy, but I don't crave them. I can look at a piece of pizza (or whatever) and smell the yummy aroma and know that it tastes good, but there is no physical desire to eat it. Before this diet, when I would think about eating a piece of pizza, I could taste it before I actually ate it, but now there is no taste there before the actual eating, so it's easier to avoid the forbidden food. During Phase 2, we'll add fruit to our diet and some other foods. I was so happy to eat Uncle Sam cereal this morning! Cereal is so much faster and easier than cooking eggs. Phase 2 lasts until we are at our desired weight. So far, being on this diet during the Christmas season has been easier than I expected.

1 comment:

MJ said...

That's great! Congrats on making it through phase 1!