Saturday, March 11, 2006

Why bother?

I'm sure many of you have heard this quote "Cleaning house while kids are growing is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing" -Author unknown. Lately I have been discouraged about TRYING to keep our house clean because 5 minutes after I clean something it looks exactly the way it did before I cleaned it...so why bother? If I put a toy away... Eleanor notices and takes it back out, when I clean the bathroom...I admire it for a minute and then someone needs to go to the bathroom...and gets soap all over the sink and counter, I finish up the laundry and then Zach has a blowout or someone throws up all over their sheets, the list goes on and on! I think I'm more sensitive about this today because it is Saturday and the house is always the messiest on Saturday because everyone is home. I know that one day my house will be clean again...when Matt and I are empty nesters...and I will wish that my house was full of kids again along with the messes they create, won't I? It just would be nice to have one day where my house is clean...and stays clean! I must say that I am learning to function in chaos and I'm not so uptight about messes anymore. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff...and it's too exhausting!

No comments: