Tuesday, March 01, 2011

My Turn for a Vacation

The older kids went back to school yesterday. We stopped at the library after school since we didn't make it to the library during vacation. That was the one complaint the older girls had about vacation last week that they didn't have anything to read when we were home at the end of the week/weekend. So they were happy last night to have new books to read. It was sweet to see Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor reading their books on the couch before they went to bed. They were quiet, content, and engrossed in their books.

My sister, Donna and her husband, Doug arrived today at my parents' house to visit for the week. They will leave on Monday. Doug flew in while Donna drove with Victoria and Victoria's dog, Jack. Donna and Victoria had quite the adventure! They took a few wrong turns and the clutch on Victoria's car went just outside of Augusta, so my Dad and Doug went to get them. That was after my Mom, Dad, grandmother, Noah, Kate, and I went to breakfast at Nicky's with Doug.

Noah warmed up to Doug very quickly.


It took Kate a little longer, but not much longer.


The older kids are bummed that they have to go to school while Kate, Noah, and I have more vacation fun without them. They'll get to join in after school and this weekend, though. :-)

3 comments:

Kris said...

cute pictures! You deserve a vacation - enjoy!!

Dawn said...

Spring break will be here soon - I hope Kristen has some days off that week!

Kev's on his way back to your neck of the woods on Saturday - it's been nice here the last few days, but winter is heading back tomorrow, I hear.

Martie said...

Are you all healthy now... finally?