Monday, March 07, 2011

Random Thoughts about My Vacation Week

Vacation week is over. It was fun while it lasted. I see my sister once a year, so I try to see her as much as I can during the time she is here. I do this with my children complaining that I am ALWAYS GONE and that I am abandoning them when we have adult time. It takes some of the joy out of the time away. Donna and Doug are now hooked on Phase 10 Twist. My parents bought the game for us at Christmastime and it IS a lot of fun to play. Donna went out and bought Phase 10 Twist to bring home and play. During our fun week, we ate yummy food, we talked and laughed, and we joked about how cold it is in my parents' house. We had a fun Girls' Day on Saturday. My Mom, Donna, Victoria, my Grandmother, and I went to the movie theater to see "Just Go With It", which was funny. We ate dinner at the Ground Round and then we went back to my parents' house to watch High School basketball. I did a pretty good job that afternoon/evening of ignoring the fact that I wasn't completely ready for Primary the next day. It all worked out on Sunday, like it always does, but the unfinished planning was nagging at me on Saturday. I hate that! My Mom, Grandmother, and I went to Walmart and Friendly's on Thursday while my Dad watched Kate and Noah. That was fun! I was in charge of my first PTO meeting on Wednesday, so that was nagging at me all day Wednesday as we played Phase 10 Twist and hung out. I also missed out on a dinner to the Weathervane that night. :-( We had a weird 20 minutes or so blizzard early evening on Wednesday. Matt had one of the worst drives home from work ever. It was clear when I left for my PTO meeting, though and it was so beautiful outside!

I could have went to Just Barb's on Thursday night to eat, but I wanted to be home with my family. Partly because I didn't want to hear any comments about me being gone all the time and partly because I just felt like being home. Zoe, Emily, and I were supposed to go bowling Friday night with Donna, Doug, and my parents, but that didn't happen, so I went over to my parents' house to play Phase 10. I owe Zoe and Emily a date at the bowling alley. They love to go at night when the disco ball is on. We haven't been bowling since last year when Donna and Doug were visiting. My Dad took Zoe and Emily to a state championship High School basketball tournament game on Saturday. He convinced them to leave during the half time of the second game by offering them dinner at Pepinos. It was nice this year having my grandmother close by, so she could see Donna more during her visit and we saw my grandmother more. That was nice. We enjoyed a boiled dinner at my parents' house yesterday after church. That was our last day together.


Donna and Doug flew back to North Carolina today.

2 comments:

janerickson said...

Wow, you packed a lot in during your sisters visit. It sounds like nonstop party! I like it!
Janet

Kris said...

It must have been sad to see them go, but I'm glad you took so much time to be together!!