Monday, March 22, 2010

Zoe is 11!

Zoe checked my blog the other day for her birthday post, but was disappointed when she didn't see it. I know, I know, I've been a blogging slacker lately. I've actually been avoiding the computer because I tend to waste time when I get on here. I now have to write a to-do list for my computer time! I almost didn't blog this evening, but Zoe has waited long enough.

I think Zoe had a good birthday and the celebrations lasted through the weekend. Her birthday was on Thursday. She got ready for school and then opened her card from Jerry and Judy. She loved the little stained glass coloring book they gave her!

I took a photo of Zoe to put on Facebook.

Zoe spent most of her birthday at school. We went to the park after I picked the girls up from school. Usually, Zoe doesn't see any of her friends at the park, so she was thrilled that 4 of her friends (Bella, Mariah, Mercedes, and Eric) were there!

We came home to get ready for our family party. It was a bit rushed because I had a Stake Leadership meeting in Bangor at 7:00, but having said that, I was staying until the end of the party whether I would be late for the meeting or not, so I tried not to rush. We ate one of Zoe's favorite dinners ~ ham, potatoes, squash, and cranberry sauce. Then Zoe opened her presents. She had originally planned to eat cake and then open her presents, but she was too full from our yummy dinner to eat cake right off. The rest of us were, too!



Zoe is at an age where she wants clothes. She wasn't disappointed.







Zoe's birthday cake is getting brighter every year!

Happy Birthday, Zoe!

I left for my meeting after we were all filled with cake. The kids and Matt cleaned up, and then Zoe and Emily got to stay up and watch Zoe's new movie, "Harry Potter #6." They were just finishing up their movie when I got home.

This is the mess that I left Matt with.

I have to admit that breakfast and lunch dishes were part of that mess. It was one of those days that I wasted too much time on the computer. Bad, bad me!

Zoe was going to have her friend, Hailey spend the night Friday, but Hailey hurt her knee on Wednesday, so that didn't work out. Hailey came to the park with us after school on Friday (which wasn't much fun for her as she hobbled around on crutches) and then Zoe went over to Hailey's house for the rest of the afternoon and evening. I had already made plans with my parents to keep the rest of the kids Friday night, so we kept those plans, but Noah stayed home and Zoe stayed over at my parents' house after I picked her up from Hailey's house. Matt and I enjoyed our evening with just Noah and we watched "Motherhood", which I thought was okay. I fell asleep through some of it. One child is so easy when you are used to 6 being around!

Zoe's friend, Morgan spent the night at my parents' house on Saturday with Zoe. Knowing that Morgan was spending the night Saturday, helped with the disappointment of Hailey not spending the night on Friday. We went to get Zoe's 11 year picture done Saturday afternoon and then Zoe and Morgan went home with my mom. I know they watched the first Harry Potter movie, but that's about all I know that they did. I also know that they had a great time together, as usual!

I can't believe Zoe has only 1 more year left in Primary! It's weird to talk about taking Zoe to the temple after her next birthday. She's too young to be talking about big things like that!

Enjoy being 11, Zoe! I'll enjoy being taller than you for just a little bit longer. :-)

4 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

Happy Birthday! 11 is such a BIG age:)

ML said...

Happy birthday Zoe! You look beautiful!

Martie said...

Awww, the last year in Primary! Zoe is such a beautiful girl and I can tell she had a wonderful day. You are a great mom!

Would Zoe like an accross-the-country pen pal? I have a son who is just a few months older than her.

Martie

mindyluwho said...

What a beautiful girl! Only one more year 'til Young Women's...are you ready?!