Monday, March 15, 2010

List Completed

I made a long list this morning of everything I wanted to accomplish today and updating my blog is the last thing on my list to do. Yay! I cleaned half the bathroom before Matt got home and now he is cleaning the rest of the bathroom while I type here. I have the best husband! He wants to watch "Chuck" tonight with me, so that was the motivator to help complete my list.

Taking the girls to school and picking them up has become a routine that we are all getting used to. The younger kids like the ride, but getting them ready to get in the car can be a challenge. They just don't understand that the girls need to be dropped off and picked up at a certain time, so we need to be in the car at a certain time. I'm learning that I need to leave the house earlier so I'm not rushing them so much. The younger kids don't have to get out of the car at all during drop off and pick up, so that makes things easier. They can still be in their pajamas in the morning, so I don't need to worry about getting them all dressed and ready before we leave. I'm getting more errands done as I am out and about in the morning and afternoon, which is nice. It takes about 15 minutes to get to the school. I try not to be late because it is so hard to drive 20 miles an hour in the school zone when I'm in a hurry.

Eleanor and I went out Friday night with my mom and Victoria. I asked Eleanor if she wanted to go with us for her "alone" time and she immediately said yes. At the end of the day, Eleanor said it was the best day ever! We all went to the park in the afternoon. It was in the 50's and such a beautiful day. The girls had a half day, so we spent the rest of the school day at the park (along with many other kids from school). The kids had a great time! So going to the park was the start of Eleanor's best day ever. Then for Eleanor's time, we went birthday shopping for Zoe. We also did some shopping for Eleanor. She got 2 pairs of pants and a stuffed animal. We spent a lot of time in Walmart shopping for Zoe and groceries. Our last stop was at McDonald's around 9pm. It WAS a fun day!


Saturday morning, we all went to the Primary activity that the Activity Day girls planned and carried out. They did a great job! They had a ball/basketball room for the kids to play in as they arrived. Zach took some pictures in this room after he got hit with a ball. It made him feel better.

The kids had fun trying to beat Matt at basketball.


There are more headless and leg shots that I won't post.

When we figured that everyone had arrived, we moved into the activity/food room. The kids earned a prize as they completed each game or activity. The kids ended up with a notebook, pencil, erasers, and a pencil sharpener when they did all the games and activities. Zoe was in charge of making tissue paper flowers with the kids.


Emily was in charge of the "Pin the Hat on the Leprechaun" game. The kids ate green snacks (in honor of St. Patrick's Day; The kids were encouraged to wear green, too) after they finished with the activities and then they went on a scavenger hunt to find some treasure. Each Activity Day girl was in charge of a group and they followed the clues to their treasure. They found chocolate coins at the end of their search. The kids loved the scavenger hunt! So much that they made another scavenger hunt for themselves and wrapped up erasers to find at the end. Later in the afternoon at home, Eleanor put clues around the house for a scavenger hunt. She also made a "Pin the Leaf on the clover" game. This proved to me that the activity was a success!

I spent the rest of Saturday preparing my Sunday School lesson and a Sharing Time for Primary.

It was a busy Sunday, which started with Branch Council at 8am. Zoe went home with Morgan after the activity on Saturday and she spent the night. She was at church early with Morgan and her parents, so she was able to help out with her siblings while I was in my meeting. Matt was in Rockland for his last High Council assignment. I'm glad he is going to be in Ellsworth on Sundays from now on. :-) The younger kids were more interested in playing than listening during Sacrament meeting. Noah was brought into me during Sunday School when there was about 10 minutes left of class because he had a stinky diaper. I almost asked someone to change him for me, but I decided to hold him and change him myself when class was over. I ended my lesson, excused myself before the closing prayer, changed Noah, and then did Sharing Time. It was a crazy day! It was my first day back in Primary and I really enjoyed it. Our Primary kids are awesome!

We left church with Zach crying because he wanted to ride to my parents' house with my parents. Eleanor had gone with them. President Dauk helped me get Noah into the car and he tried to convince Zach that I was just as nice as Grammie (we all know that's not true!) and that riding in our own car would be fun, too. Zach realized he wasn't going to get his way when we were moving, so he went to sleep.

We had a Thanksgiving feast at my parents' house after church with the Elders and it was so yummy! The Elders taught Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor how to draw the 10 commandments out of the numbers 1-10. The girls loved the activity!

I have been feeling lately like I am barely keeping my head above water. That's why I made my list this morning. There were too many things that I needed to do that weren't getting done, so I wrote down everything that has been on my mind to do. And I did them.

4 comments:

mindyluwho said...

Don't you just love the feeling when you get to cross things off a list?!

Kris said...

Wow, that's great you got your list done. I don't know how you do it all!! Is Matt not on the High Council anymore, or just assigned to your branch? or? I'm glad the activity was such a success! I love that the girls led it, that is great.

Janae said...

Yay for lists being completed! I'm not having much of that kind of success around here lately...hopefully someday again:)
You guys have been busy. I am so glad that Eleanor had her best day ever! That reminded me of something Vivi would say. I love that the achievement day girls put on such a great activity! Hope your show was fun tonight:)

Martie said...

One thing I never realized when my big family was still very young is how much more work there would be as they got older! Life is incredibly busy, and gets more and more so as they move into high school. But I can also tell you that as they get older, there is that point where they get more independent and can do more things for themselves. So there IS a light at the end of the tunnel! Until then, keep swimming!! :O)