Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

I'll start off by answering Kris's question. Yes, Matt has been released from the High Council, so he is currently without a calling. I keep telling him he would make a great Sunday School teacher. :-)

I recently bought a box of Kix cereal for the kids. Eleanor requested it and her wish was granted. I loved Emily's comment after she had a bowl of Kix a few mornings ago. "Weird. It doesn't taste like anything, but yet it is so good!" Kid tested...Mother approved.

The younger kids received a Dora movie from Netflix at the end of last week and they were so excited to watch it! The excitement turned to disappointment when we noticed that the disc was cracked and it wouldn't play. We sent the movie back and received a new one. The younger kids again were so excited to watch it! We took the movie out of the sleeve...and discovered that disc was cracked, too! It wasn't the same disc because I had just brought the other cracked disc to the post office that morning. This new disc looked like it has a sealant on it to fix the crack, but the sealant wasn't working and the disc wouldn't play. Zach and I decided that it was time to try a different Dora movie. We'll see tomorrow how that turns out.

We enjoyed 58 degree weather yesterday afternoon and we went to the park when the girls got out of school. We all love park days! Several mothers at the park kept commenting on the weather and how unusual it is for March. We are all hoping this weather is here to stay!

Eleanor has a new love for sweeping the kitchen floor. The other night she swept and then declared that she is in charge of sweeping from now on. Before dinner yesterday, Eleanor saw a dirty kitchen floor, got out the broom, and swept. I like it!


Please excuse the way she is dressed. Lately, Kate and Eleanor have been hanging out in their bathing suits when inside. They pretend the living room floor is water.

Noah wanted his picture taken, too.

My almost 11 year old!


I have volunteered to be a softball coach this season. I made the decision at the end of last season when they were looking for coaches for this season. My passion for softball was rekindled last Spring as I watched Zoe play for the first time, and Emily play Farm League, and Eleanor play T-Ball. Now I am nervous, but still excited and willing to do it. I missed the coaches' meeting several weeks ago because I forgot to give the league my new cell #. Last week, I realized they didn't have my new #, so I called the President. I met with Bill, the Vice President of the league last night and filled out the necessary paperwork and received some much appreciated and needed advice about coaching. It was a good meeting. Sign ups are the next two Sundays, which I was told that I needed to be at, but I told Bill that Sundays are not going to work for me and he said okay. I just won't have a say during another coaches' meeting as to who will be on my team. I'm okay with that. We start practicing the first week of April and the games start the first week of May. Zoe and Emily will both be on my team. :-)

3 comments:

Kris said...

wow, OK a few things:
I am trying to figure out when you posted this, was it really 12:25 am?
you are a brave & kind soul to take on the softball coaching. you will be great!
your kids are such happy helpers, I love it!
I can't believe Zoe will be 11!!

Gabriela said...

What a good sport you are to coach softball with your many other obligations.

And Eleanor can visit my house any.time.she.wants!

Dawn said...

Love the Kix comment. Love the happy sweeper!

Angie is out there with Kev - so glad it's nice there. It's been snowing here all day. It won't last long, but it's sure been cold today.