Thursday, March 11, 2010

What do they miss about the bus?

NOTHING! On Monday, I started bringing the girls to school and picking them up after school. We have been having a hard time getting rid of Eleanor's head lice and riding the bus seemed to be keeping the lice around. I don't know if Eleanor's friend that Eleanor sits with on the bus gave Eleanor lice or if Eleanor gave it to her friend, but we have come to the conclusion that they keep passing it back and forth between each other. Every time I think we are rid of the lice, I find more.

Not using the bus is a bit of a pain, but it's nice that the girls don't have to endure long bus rides anymore and they are not surrounded by the chaos of the bus environment. Zoe did tell me yesterday that she does not miss the ride to school at all, but she misses the ride home. She's not sure why...or at least she's not telling me why.

The weather this week has been beautiful. It was warm enough on Monday to go to the park after I picked the girls up in the afternoon. It was Noah's first time going on the big slides! He had so much fun! I will continue to drop the kids off at school and pick them up this year. Then we'll have to decide what to do next year.

4 comments:

mindyluwho said...

I hated bus rides when I was in school. I usually "missed the bus" and then my mom would have to take me!

Kris said...

Wow, that's a big change. How long does it take to get to school and back? I'm sure you won't miss the lice about the bus!!!

Dawn said...

I would have loved never having to ride a school bus. Good decision!

Janae said...

I hope this solves the problem! I am sure the girls are enjoying their bus free days:)