Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Have I mentioned it is our winter to be sick?

I took Kate to the doctor yesterday and found out that she has a Urinary Tract Infection. She has had a fever, hasn't been eating as much as usual, didn't want to go to the bathroom, has been sleeping during the day more than usual, and has just looked like she doesn't feel well. We thought her problem was constipation at first, but then it seemed like more then that was going on. Matt thought that maybe she has a UTI and that made more sense to me than the constipation. We picked up Kate's medicine last night after meeting with Emily's teacher, Mrs. Wight (Emily is doing great in school as usual) and Kate was excited to take her medicine...until she tasted it. We tried forcing it in last night after she refused to drink any more of it, but most of it came back out. She tried drinking it again this morning, but stopped after only a few tiny sips. She asked for some water and then she would take a sip of her medicine and then take a drink of water, which works out better because she's supposed to drink a lot of water with her medicine. It's going to be a long 10 days with this medicine! She is doing better, but she's still not 100%. She's taking a nap (which is unusual for her) as I type.

I have a PTO meeting tonight. I volunteered to count BoxTops, so the last few days have been spent doing just that. $215 later, I am done. Zoe helped a bit and even Noah tried to help, but was not helpful most of the time. I did discover though that he knows his numbers as I said 1 and then he would say 2 and then I would say 2 and he would say 3 and so on. I was impressed! The PTO wanted a count before the meeting tonight, so I was happy to complete the task last night.

We disconnected our phone the other day. We were paying a lot for just local calls, no voicemail, and no caller ID. Matt and I both have cell phones, which we can use to call anywhere, they have voicemail, and the caller's number shows up, so it made more sense just to use them. We have a crappy phone, too, so I don't miss using it.

I found Kate reading to Noah this morning. It was so sweet!

5 comments:

Janae said...

I love that picture of Kate and Noah! Too sweet:)
I hope Kate gets to feeling better soon. That is no fun the 10 day medicine. I hope she magically starts to liking it quick:)
You are a good sport to do box tops that can turn into a lot of counting. Good job Noah on the numbers! Too cute.

Mal said...

I can't get over how big Noah is!! That's crazy. Good luck with the UTI.

Kris said...

Poor Kate. I bet you are glad Spring is almost here!! I hope she gets better soon. How sweet she was still reading to Noah, sick and all. That is a cute picture.

Phae-Jae said...

I just caught up on your blog posts. Scary about your trip to the temple, so glad you guys were able to make it home safe.

I love what you wrote about talking and joking and one on one time with our kids. I'm finding I need that so much more with my now 12 year old. She is going through so many changes.

My B-bop has cronic UTI's, in fact she has one right now. Not fun.

Here's to Spring and health....get here soon!

Martie said...

Us too, us too, us too. I am so sick of sickness! It just goes on and on. Four weekend in a row we have had illness. Blah! I hope your home gets healthy and stays that way!