Thursday, July 02, 2009

Sun...come out come out wherever you are!

I guess my one day of structure/productivity was enough because we haven't had another one since, and that is okay. Noah woke up before me Tuesday morning, plus I was sore from exercising on Monday, so I didn't exercise on Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon turned out to be beautiful and sunny, so we spent the afternoon at the pool. I love those afternoons! I don't seem to spend as much time in the bathroom with Eleanor and Zach this year, so that makes being at the pool more enjoyable! I brought a blanket and I brought a few toys for the younger kids to play with in and out of the pool, so everyone was happy. Noah doesn't venture into the pool yet. He just walks around and plays with the toys. He also has an obsession with crocs and he steals whatever crocs he can find.

I rented "Madagascar Escape 2 Africa" for the kids and they watched it when we got home.

Yesterday, we went to storytime and then we came over to my parents' house. My mom had taken the day off from work, so she was here, which was a pleasant surprise! We started a game of Phase 10 with just the two of us and then we stopped for lunch. We abandoned that game and then we started a new game with Phil. We played one hand and then abandoned that game to start a new game to include my dad when he got home from work. We actually finished that game, but it took us awhile. We stayed for dinner and then the kids went outside to play and my mom and I played a game by ourselves on the porch, which was quite relaxing.

This is how much the girls love having Aly here...


After the kids went to bed last night, I put in my exercise video and exercised. I lasted longer this time, but then I started feeling like crap, so I stopped. Not long after, I was feeling very sick and wishing I was dead. I thought for sure I had the flu that Matt has had, but I feel fine today, so now I'm thinking it was food poisoning from a few bites of moldy cheese I had yesterday (I took the bites before I realized it was moldy). Not good.

Swim lessons started this morning. Emily and Eleanor had their classes at 10:30 and Zach had his class at 11:00. I brought the blanket and our magnetic toys for the younger ones to play with and they stayed entertained throughout the classes. I didn't have to worry about Noah going in the water since he won't go near it yet. Kate was upset before we got into the pool area because she wanted to put her bathing suit on and go swimming, but once we got into the pool area and set the toys out, she played and she was fine. I wondered how Zach would do in his first swim class ever and he did a great job! Emily, his instructor, even wanted to bump him up to Beginner 1, but the 10:30 class was full (the class Eleanor is in). Emily moved him into her 10:00 pre-beginner class which has fewer children, so she'll have more time to work with him. That actually works out perfectly because we have a few friends that are already in that class. :-)

After Emily's swim class, she left with Daisy's grandma to go play with Daisy.

If it warms up this afternoon, we'll go to the pool, but it's overcast right now and it hasn't hit 70 degrees yet. The kids are comfy in front of the tv right now, except for Noah who is getting into the cupboards.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope you stay healthy!

Katie said...

I cant believe its hasnt hit 70 degrees yet. A couplde days ago I was wathcing th 5am news( the life of a newborn!) and it had already hit 100! Maybe we should move to Maine? Hope you stay healthy too, nothing is worse than being sick AND having to be a mama at the same time!