Friday, July 24, 2009

Life in the woods

We have a porcupine hanging around during the day. I'm hoping it will be out on Saturday when Matt is around to eliminate it.

I had a well balanced day on Wednesday. The morning was spent doing fun things with the kids, the afternoon was spent cleaning and getting things done on my to-do list, and the evening was spent by myself reading and with Matt watching a movie (New in Town) with Matt. I took the kids to storytime in the morning. Then we walked along the waterfront. Noah fell asleep in his stroller. The kids were ready to relax after the long walk, which was perfect because I picked up some movies for them to watch while I got done what I needed to in the afternoon. Kate saw Eleanor smelling some flowers on our walk, so Kate had to stop and smell all the flower bushes during the rest of our walk.

I talked with Zoe and Emily on Wednesday. They went to the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple Open house. What a neat experience for them! Zoe said her favorite room was the Celestial room. She also told me that she got a bit homesick Tuesday night, which surprised me. Before she left, I told her that she would be ready to come home toward the end of her trip, but she didn't agree with me. I'm happy to know I was right. :-)

Eleanor and Zach had swim lessons yesterday. Eleanor wanted to try her first knee dive (which isn't taught until the next level), so she did one with the help of Jordan and she did a great job! She did 2 more knee dives before the end of class and she even inspired a few other kids in her class to try it. My mom took the day off yesterday, so she watched Kate and Noah while I was at swim lessons. I was able to sit and relax and I even started reading "Glenn Beck's Common Sense".

My mom and I played a few games of Phase 10 before we left to go home. Matt came home at 3:00, so we could go over to the Dauk's home to home teach them and have a barbeque. We had a great time! We played badmitton and the kids had fun playing with Smudge, the dog. Noah ate a slug...GROSS!

It is a rainy day today. I stopped by the pool to pick up Eleanor and Zach's certificates since today was the last day of lessons for this session. Both Eleanor and Zach will advance to the next level next session, so Zach will be in Beginner 1 and Eleanor will be in Beginner 2. We are hanging out at my parents' house today. I'm going to play Phase 10 with Aly and Phil. We'll have dinner here and watch "Wipeout" before going home. At least that's the plan my mom and I came up with. Now I need to call Matt...

2 comments:

MJ said...

He ATE a SLUG?!?! Kids eat the GROSSEST things! We can't get Aidan to take a bite of whatever we're eating, but whatever he finds on the floor--right in his mouth!

Janae said...

I wish Noah had not have eaten that! I am sure you do to though.
We sure are having fun with your 2 girls here! They have all had so much fun together it's like they've seen each other everyday of their lives. Really amazing:)