Sunday, July 19, 2009

Some dreams are not meant to come true

I woke up this morning with tears in my eyes and I was thankful that I didn't have to give Kate away. In my dream, I was caring for a baby that I had to give up when the baby girl was a year old and when I was kissing the baby girl goodbye and telling the mother what a sweet girl she was, I recognized the baby girl as Kate, but she wasn't mine. I was so sad when I woke up. I'm glad it was just a dream!

Noah has discovered the fun of taking a drink of milk from a cup and then letting it dribble down his chin and onto his shirt. Fun!

Yesterday, my mom and I took Zoe, Emily, Eleanor, and Zach to the Alamo theater to see "Ice Age 3". There was a long line when we arrived and as we got near the ticket counter, there was concern about how many more tickets could be sold. There were a lot of people waiting behind us. When we got to the counter, we were told that there were 4 tickets left...there were 6 of us. I suggested to my mom that she stay for the movie with the 3 older girls and I would find something to do with Zach. My mom bought their tickets and then the guy at the counter said he would look one more time to see if any seats were left. No seats left. I was trying to convince Zach that it would be fun to go buy an ice cream and go for a walk, but he wasn't going anywhere and he sat down on the floor. Most of the people behind us in line had left the theater, so the guy said that he would get Zach and I in to see the movie with our family. There were 2 seats available, but they weren't together. I told him that Zach could sit on my lap and I tried to give him our money, but he waved us into the theater and said not to worry about it. Okay. :-) We enjoyed the movie, although Zach got bored toward the end and wanted to go for that walk that he had rebelled against earlier. We stuck it out in the theater, though and left when the movie was over.

Friday morning, Zach, Eleanor, and Emily had swim lessons. Eleanor has a crush on one of the lifeguards, Jordan who has been helping out with her class. I know this because she told me. Emily took her swim test and didn't pass her class, but she was told by her instructor, Cassie that she could pass in the middle of next session and then Emily would move up to the next level with her same instructor. Here are a few pictures of Emily diving. Her last few dives looked a lot better than her first.



Friday afternoon, Zoe and Emily hiked Blue Hill for Activity Days with Dodie, Kristen, Kayla, Natasha, Natasha's Mom, and Morgan. They enjoyed the views, they ate their lunch at the top of the hill, and they picked blueberries. Eleanor says that if Blue Hill is named Blue Hill because of the blueberries that are on it then it should really be called Blueberry Hill.
I took the younger kids to the park in the town of Blue Hill. We ate lunch, played on the playground, and walked along the beach. The kids loved chasing the eagle (seagull).









Friday evening, we all went to the pool for the evening swim. Noah is now getting closer to the water and he likes to throw the legos into the water. No more legos at the pool. After swimming, we came over to my parents' house to watch "Wipeout".

Emily, Eleanor, and Zach had swimming lessons Thursday morning and then we headed over to the middle school where my Dad works to check out the lost and found items before they get taken to goodwill. I got 2 jackets, Zoe got a jacket, a pair of capri pants, a few sweaters, and a nice duffel bag, Emily got a vest, Zach got a pair of boots to grow into, and we got a few lunch boxes and a small cooler. Eleanor insists that she is going to use her lunchbox next year for school. Sweet! We came over to my parents' house for most of the afternoon. Aly and Phil are with their other grandparents this weekend, so Thursday was the last day for Zoe and Emily to see Aly and Phil until the 29th or 30th. I took Zoe to Sunshine's house in the evening to finish her skirt. It looks really nice, especially with her matching shirt.

We left Sunshine's earlier than expected, so Zoe and I headed to Bucksport to walk along the waterfront. It was a nice walk, very peaceful and beautiful. When we got home around 9pm, Emily was waiting up for us. Matt expected us earlier since he called Sunshine and she said we had left, so he kept Emily up. Emily was barely awake when we got home and she gladly went to bed.

We are now heading home to have family council and get Zoe and Emily packed up for their trip tomorrow. They leave at 6am tomorrow morning. We did laundry yesterday and Zoe and Emily picked out the clothes they want to pack, but we are taking home a suitcase from my parents' house now to pack everything in. Matt is grilling some chicken right now before we head home. We were going to eat it last night, but the wood and ground were too wet to make a fire to cook it. We ate yummy spaghetti instead.

2 comments:

HeatherT said...

Jacob is spitting out his drinks too. His shirt is constantly wet now from the spit out water.

How fun for Zoe and Emily to go to Utah. I bet they will have a great time!

Kris said...

Cute skirt Zoe! We can't wait to see you and Emily! It sounds like a fun week - I love the pictures from Blue Hill, it looks like true Maine summer. I'm glad Zach got to see the movie (funny that he ended up wanting the walk after all!:) )